Part 8: Crisis Communication Team Responsibilities v2
Part 8: Crisis Communication Team Responsibilities
General responsibilities for all team members
- Secure necessary assistance, support and materials to meet crisis needs.
- Serve as conduits of key information, conducting fact finding missions and verifying information as
it comes in.
- Formulate strategies for addressing primary and secondary crisis components and indicators.
- Assist with the creation and distribution of
external and internal information through most effective channels.
Crisis Command Centre Manager
Answer media inquiries about the crisis in a way that is clear, concise, accurate and timely so that the reporting accurately covers the facts and offers a balanced view of the incident.
- Serve as contact person for all media queries regarding crisis.
- Activate Media Briefing Room and oversee its operations.
- Organize equipment and supply needs for the briefing room.
- Maintain up-to-date and readily accessible phone/email list of media contacts.