Jump to navigation Jump to search
|1. A Component Test is a series of tests that focus on the miscellaneous components of a typical business continuity plan.
Related Terms: Type of BC Tests.
Courses: BCM Certification
- Attend: BCM-200: ISO22301 BCMS Planner leading to BCCP
- Attend: BCM-300: ISO22301 BCMS Implementer leading to BCCS
- Attend: BCM-400: ISO22301 BCMS Manager leading to BCCE
- Attend: BCM-5000: ISO22301 BCMS Expert Implementer leading to BCCE
Guidance Notes and Templates
2. Examples of component tests includes:
- (a) Confirm Availability / Version of Plan
- (b) Retrieve Vital Hard Copy Records from Offsite Locations
- (c) Contact Staff, Suppliers & Others
- (d) Check Lead Times for Critical Equipment
- (e) Check that Important Lists are Still Current
- (f) Confirm Alternate Site Readiness
- (g) Test Staff Members’ Knowledge of Business Unit Plan
- (h) Spot Check of Vital Records
- (i) Recall Offsite Storage
Source: Goh Moh Heng (2006): Testing & Exercising Your Business Continuity Plan, 2nd Edition, 160 pages.