BCMBoK 3: Business Impact Analysis
Body of Knowledge Menu| BoK 1 | BoK 2 | BoK 3 | BoK 4 | BoK 5 | BoK 6 | BoK 7 Certification Menu | BCCP | CMCP | CCCP | DRCP | BCCS | CCCS | CMCS | DRCS | BCCE | CMCE | CCCE | DRCE | BCCA | BCCLA Competency Level Menu | CL 1B | CL 2B | CL 3B | CL 1C | CL 2C | CL 3C | CL 1CC | CL 2CC | CL 3CC | CL 1D | CL 2D | CL 3D
- Implement business impact analysis process.
- Understand the principles and scope of the BIA process.
- Apply the BIA implementation process.
- Understand the available BIA data collection mechanisms.
- Determine and apply the appropriate BIA data collection mechanism.
- Design a custom tailored BIA questionnaire.
- Gather BIA Information.
- Identify activities that support Critical Business Functions (CBF) and identify owners.
- Determine impacts of a disruption to each activity/process across the organization that may damage organization's reputation, assets or financial position.
- Quantify timescales where interruption becomes unacceptable to the organization.
- Determine key requirement for organization-wide tolerable downtime.
- Determine Inter-dependencies and intra-dependencies.
- Identify vital records needed for recovery.
- Identify and document CBFs, critical processes and critical application.
- Determine continuity resources.
- Provide the resource information to determine or recommend Business Continuity Strategy.
- Identify internal and external resource requirements to support activities.
- Quantify the people, technology, and telephony resources required over time to maintain business activities at an acceptable level and within the maximum tolerable period of disruption.
- Seek Executive Management Approval.
- Seek sign off of requirements by process owners.
- Present requirements to executive management and seek approval to adopt the findings as the basis for determining a BC strategy.
Related Terms: Business Impact Analysis.
- Attend: Classroom: Business Impact Analysis Courses
- Attend: Classroom: Competency-based Business Impact Analysis Courses
- Attend: E-Learning: Business Impact Analysis module
Guidance Notes and Templates
- 1 Body of Knowledge 3: Business Impact Analysis Definitions
- 2 BCM Body of Knowledge 3: Business Impact Analysis Definitions
- 3 Revision Notes
Body of Knowledge 3: Business Impact Analysis Definitions
BCM Body of Knowledge 3: Business Impact Analysis Definitions
Competency Level (CL) 1
Competency Level (CL) 2
Competency Level (CL) 3