Part 6: Vital Records v2.0
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Part 6: Vital Records
Business Function and Function Code (Col 2 & 3)
Cross-reference to the Business Function/function code or number from original Function No assigned in Part 1
Description of Vital Records (Col 4)
- Description of records, e.g.
- Board meeting minutes
- Any original or unique documents, plans, drawing, scanned images
- Backup passwords (in envelopes)
- Contracts, files
- Insurance policies, etc.
Media Type (Col 5)
- Identification of media type e.g.
- DVD-ROM, reports
- Online replication to the alternate site
Location (Col 6)
- Identification of storage location of records e.g. cabinets, offsite locations, etc.
- Is it in the office? if there are multiple sites, where is it located? Is it on the Cloud?
In Whose Care (Col 7)
The person responsible for maintaining or keeping the document.
- In Part 6 of the BIAQ, the guiding principle of this section is to identify the vital records which are unique or not replaceable in the event of a denial-of-access situation.
- Another important element is to identify any electronic vital records that are not adequately backed-up
- For example: Data kept in "C" drive or a set of tapes that are only backed up and taken offsite once a week
FAQ for Completion of BIAQ