Part 2: Impact Area Of Business Functions v2.0
- 1 Part 2: Impact Area Of Business Functions
- 2 Business Function and Function Code (Col 2 & 3)
- 3 Impact Area (Col 4)
- 4 Financial Impact (Col 5 & 6)
- 5 Legal and Regulatory (Col 7 & 8)
- 6 Instruction to BL-B-3/5 M2 Participant
Part 2: Impact Area Of Business Functions
Business Function and Function Code (Col 2 & 3)
- Cross-reference to the Business Function/function code or number from original Function No assigned in Part 1
Impact Area (Col 4)
When the business function is not available, will it result in a Hard (H)/ Soft (S) impact to the organisation?
- Hard Impact: Direct Financial Impact.
- Soft Impact: Indirect Financial Impact and Non-Financial Impact.
Financial Impact (Col 5 & 6)
Monetary Loss (Estimated) (Col 5)
- Total ($) Impact:
- Calculate the total financial impact on your business unit if you did not carry out this business function for X calendar days.
- How Impact is Quantified:
- Describe how this financial figure is made up, focusing on the most significant items.
- There could be contractual penalties, interest claims, missed business opportunities and loss of commission, expressed as a formula.
- The amount from the direct financial impact in a local currency, for a period of X days.
- Please state time period if it is less than X days as some business functions will cease to operate within one or two days after the disaster because there are no new transactions.
- How is the hard impact quantified?
- Provide the workings or basis for computing the amount of loss.
- For example, $20,000 received per day multiplied by 2% interest payment for an overdraft, multiply by X days of the outage.
Calculation of Monetary Loss (State Formula for Calculations) (Col 6)
Legal and Regulatory (Col 7 & 8)
Objectives (Col 7)
- State the business objectives affected by the non-performance of the business function.
Impact (Col 8)
- Describe the impact of not achieving business objective
Instruction to BL-B-3/5 M2 Participant
When completing the impact area of the BIA Questionnaires, this template focus on the financial impact. It is useful to understand that not all employees in an organisation know precisely what your specific function is? Hence, the need for this simple explanatory note.