Steve is currently the Chairman of BCM Institute Committee.
Steve John Sobak was the senior director of National Neurological Institute (NNI), Singhealth Group and Chief Executive Officer for the Singapore Cord Blood Bank, Singapore Health Services. Steve previously is the Group Chief Operating Officer for SINGHEALTH Projects. As the Chairperson for the SINGHEALTH BCM Steering Committee, he had led the entire SINGHEALTH cluster (a grouping of hospitals, centres, polyclinics) as the first health care group in the world, through its successful business continuity management certification by SPRING, the Singapore Standard body. Steven was a member in the medical community during the 2003 SARS outbreak in Singapore.
Voluntary Appointment within BCM Institute
Steve is Chairperson of the BCM Institute's Advisory Committee BCM Institute.
- Chief Operating Officer, Group Special Projects, Singapore Health Services
- Chairperson for the SINGHEALTH GROUP BCM Steering Committee
- Chief Operating Officer, KK Women’s And Children’s Hospital
- Chief Executive Officer, Southern Hospital Group, Malacca, and Batu Pahat Malaysia
- Chief Financial Officer, Health Corporation Of Singapore, Tan Tock Seng Hospital
- Chief Financial Officer, Singapore General Hospital
- Chief Financial Officer, Delray Community Hospital, Delray Beach, FL.
- Chief Financial Officer, Rehab Hospital Services Corporation , Ft. Lauderdale, FL.
- Controller and Administrator of Finance, Al Hada Hospital and Rehab Centre, Taif, Saudi Arabia
- Bachelor of Science(Business Adminstration), Wayne State University Detroit, MI, USA
- Master of Business Adminstration, Wayne State University Detroit, MI, USA
- 2007 Awarded Business Continuity Certified Expert (BCCE), BCM Institute, Singapore
- Member of the Healthcare Financial Management Association.
- Diplomat in American College of Healthcare Executives.
Presentations and Publication
- 27 April 2005 "Raising the Bar in Healthcare Through BCP/M", DRI ASIA Conference 2005, Singapore.
- 2006 “Healthcare BCP Case Study – Will You Live to Tell“ at World Continuity Conference 2006 held 24-25 April 2006 in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- 17-18 April 2007, “Should Organization and Public Rely Solely on Government and Public Healthcare Institutions” World Continuity Conference 2007,Singapore.
- 2008 “Injecting Business Continuity into the Healthcare Environment” 8th Annual Business Continuity Conference, held 5-7 November 2008 in Singapore.