- 1 What is a change request and what are the types of change requests?
- 2 What types of changes are considered?
- 3 Who determines what terms are added to BCMpedia.org?
- 4 How do I submit a change request to the terminology?
- 5 How do I check the status of my change request?
- 6 Is there a limit to how many change requests can be submitted ?
What is a change request and what are the types of change requests?
A change request is a process used by BC and DR community members to suggest an addition, deletion, relocation, or correction of a BCM Institute term. A change request is only applicable to the Business Continuity (BC) and Disaster Recovery (DR) Glossary.
What types of changes are considered?
BCM Institute will consider changes based on members inputs or internal analysis. Any changes to the terminology will call under any of the following categories:
- Add a preferred term
- Move a preferred term
- Demote a preferred term
- Add or delete a preferred term link to a high level term
- Add a lowest level term
- Move a lowest level term
- Change the status of a lowest level term
- Add a new term
- Swap a preferred term with a lowest level term
- Link / Unlink a terms within other internal terms
All changes to the terminology will be consolidated and made once a year.
Who determines what terms are added to BCMpedia.org?
The addition of Business Continuity (BC) and Disaster Recovery (DR) terms to BCM Institute is driven by the member change request process. A term that has been submitted by a member is added to BCMpedia.org when it meets all of the following criteria: must be unambiguous, within scope of the terminology, and must be medically valid and internationally acceptable by an international panel of business continuity and disaster recovery practitioners before being incorporated into BCMpedia.org. For marketing and advertisement enquires: please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
How do I submit a change request to the terminology?
When you may email at email@example.com, you will receive your User ID, and Password. After login, select "Submit A Ticket" > Department "BCMPedia Support" > Fill up the form and submit when you are ready. Any issues and feedback should be emailed to mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
How do I check the status of my change request?
Each request is assigned a unique identifier (called the Ticket ID) that you must have when contacting the BCM Institute to determine change request status. You can check the "Ticket History" to retrieve the Status of each request.
Is there a limit to how many change requests can be submitted ?
There is no restriction to the number of change requests.