Lim Sek Seong
Sek Seong was the Managing Consultant at GMH Pte Ltd. He is responsible for business development and also delivery of GMH consulting services. His focus is primarily in the subject matter areas of Business Continuity Management (BCM), IT Disaster Recovery Planning, Risk and Crisis Management.
Since 2002, Sek Seong has contributed to the BCM and IT DRP community; especially in Singapore. He was one of the original editors for the SS507 BC-DR Standard for Service Providers, and SPRING Singapore's TR19 Technical Reference for BCM. The ISO24762 ICT Guidelines for DR Services was developed based on the SS507. The TR19 was launched as the SS540 BCM Standard by SPRING Singpaore in October 2008.
Before joining BCM Institute, Sek Seong's career was very much focused in IT consulting services and solutions. He began his career as a customer service engineer providing technical service and assistance to customers. Since, then he has progressed and held several positions, including technical marketing and business development.
In October 2002, Sek Seong was appointed the Program Manager for DRI Asia, and was subsequently promoted to Program Director, 8 months later. His contribution was siginificant, and DRI Asia grew to become the leading BC and DR training and certification provider in Asia. His strategic and tactical management skills and leadership was essential to DRI Asia's growth until mid-2007; when DRI Asia stopped representing DRI International.
- 1993–1995 Masters in Business Administration, University of Dubuque, Dubuque, Iowa, US
- 1991-1992 Graduate Diploma in Business Administration with Commendations, Singapore Institute of Management, Singapore
- 1985–1988 Bachelor in Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Nanyang Technological Institute, Singapore
Professional Certification & Achievements
- 2007 Awarded Business Continuity Certified Expert (BCCE), BCM Institute, Singapore
- 2007 Awarded Disaster Recovery Certified Expert (DRCE), BCM Institute, Singapore
- 2005 Awarded Certified Business Continuity Professional(CBCP)
- 2005 Awarded Business Continuity Maturity Model (BCMM) Licensed Assessor
- 2004 SPRING Singapore TR19 Technical Reference for BCM, BC Technical Committee member and co-editor
- 2003 SPRING Singapore SS507 BC-DR Standard for Service Providers, Working Committee member and co-editor
- 16 October 2009, Business Continuity Seminar: How to stay in business in the event of disruptions? Optimising your Business Continuity Management Effort: Start it right, be funded, adopt effective implementation and be certified, MPH 1&2, NVPC, Singapore