Ian has over 15 years experience working within the field of information technology, encompassing roles including senior management, facilitation, consulting, communications and stakeholder management. An extensive background in the development and implementation of IT strategies and large scale global projects, combined with studies and earlier work in accounting has provided an additional dimension to align technology with business and financial requirements to provide a holistic solution to the business needs. Ian has a strategic and tactical approach to IT management. He is renowned for his high level of energy and enthusiasm in all aspects of delivery, and is highly motivated to bring success to all undertakings. He holds a PhD Information Systems, Masters in Business & Technology, Bachelor of Business, is completing a PhD in Green IT (UNSW), and is also in demand for lecturing, tutoring and instructing.
Voluntary Appointment within BCM Institute
Ian Harvison is the Associate Instructor with BCM Institute.
As the General Manager IT at Komatsu, Ian was responsible for the complete migration to a managed SOE completely replacing the computer fleet. This resulted in improved security, efficiency and reducing their carbon footprint. Previously whilst at Dyno Nobel, as the Global Infrastructure Manager, Ian developed the eBusiness strategy. This included the implementation on SAP globally within the Dyno Nobel group of companies. This formed the basis of major process and cultural change within the organisation, and was enormously successful. An important part of the process was to adopt a consultative approach in the identification of key requirements and necessary re-engineering of business processes.
- Dyno Nobel ASA Manufacturing, Chemical Industry
- Ricegrowers Co-Operative Limited, Manufacturing – Agriculture/FMCG
- Cairns Port Authority, Sea and Air Transport Industry
- Power Brewing Co. Ltd Manufacturing, Process/FMCG
- Fordigaph T.A.C. Pty Ltd, Distribution
- KR Darling Downs, Manufacturing – FMCG
- Westpac and National Australia Bank, Finance Industry
- Australian Army Reserve, Defense Forces
- Bachelor of Bachelor of Business from Queensland University of Technology
- Master of Business & Technology from the University of New South Wales
- PhD Candidate from the University of New South Wales.