(Source: SS540 Singapore Standard on Business Continuity Management - SS 540:2008)
3. A site held in readiness for use during a Business Continuity E/I/C to maintain the business continuity of an organization’s Mission Critical Activities. The term applies equally to office or technology requirements. Alternate sites may be ‘cold’, ‘warm’ or ‘hot’. This type of site is also known as a Recovery Site.
(Source: Business Continuity Institute - BCI)
4. An alternate operating location to be used by business functions when the primary facilities are inaccessible.
- Another location, computer center or work area designated for recovery.
- Location, other than the main facility, that can be used to conduct business functions.
- A location, other than the normal facility, used to process data and/or conduct critical business functions in the event of a disaster.
(Source: Disaster Recovery Institute International / Disaster Recovery Journal - DRII/DRJ)
5. An alternate operating location to be used when the primary facilities are accessible.
1) Another location,computer centre or work area designated for recovery.
2) Location other than the main facility that can be used to conduct [[Business Function|business functions].
SIMILAR TERMS:Alternate Processing Facility,Alternate Office Facility,Alternate Communication Facility,Backup Location,Recovery Site.
(Source: Australia. A Practitioner's Guide to Business Continuity Management HB292 - 2006 )
6. An alternate operating location selected to be used by business functions when these functions cannot be carried out using the normal operating location after a disaster has occurred.
(Source: Malaysia BCM Standard MS1970:2007)
7. An alternate operating location to be used when the primary facilities are inaccessible. Another location, computer centre or work area designated for recovery with necessary infrastructure and resources.
NOTE: Also referred to as ‘alternative work area’, ‘recovery site’, or ‘alternate location’ (‘alt loc’).
(Source: AS/NZS 5050.2 Australian and New Zealand Standards for business continuity management.
Part 2: Business continuity management practice standard)